- Sunflower Oil 2 tbsp
- Onions 2 medium, sliced
- Celery 3 sticks, sliced
- Buttons Mushrooms 200g (7oz), sliced
- Organic Braising Steak 700g (1/4 lb) trimmed & cubed
- Beef Stock 300ml (1/2 pint)
- Guinness 1 x 330ml bottle
- Bay leaves 3
- Black pepper to season
- Dried Thyme 1 tsp
- Arrowroot 1 dsp in 3 tbsp cold water
- Heat the oil in a large casserole and gently fry the onions, celery and mushrooms. After 10 minutes remove with a slotted spoon and then add the meat to the casserole.
- Gently cook the meat for about 3 minutes. Add the vegetables back to the casserole and stir.
- Add the stock, Guinness and herbs and place in the oven. Cook for 1½ hours.
- Mix the arrowroot and water and then stir into the casserole. Place back into the oven and cook for a further 30 minutes.
Serve with lots of mashed potato and some greens.