- Organic Dark Chocolate 200g (7oz), broken up
- Unsalted butter 80g (3oz)
- Golden caster sugar 40g (1½ oz)
- Organic eggs 4, separated
- Double Cream 284ml tub (½ pint)
- Stem Ginger in Syrup 80g (3 oz), finely sliced with 1 heaped tbsp of the syrup
- Booja Ginger Truffles 4, finely sliced
- Icing sugar x 1 tbsp to dust
- 2–3 pieces of stem ginger – chopped
- 3 truffles - quartered
- Melt the chocolate in a pan over bubbling water. When soft add the butter and stir until melted and smooth. Leave for 5 minutes to cool.
- Whip the cream to form soft peaks.
- Whip the egg whites to form soft peaks.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar and then fold the chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Stir the cream and then the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Finally add the ginger and syrup.
- Line a 1 litre pudding bowl with cling film (in 2 or 3 strips if necessary) or a 2lb loaf tin.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into the bowl (or tin).
- Add the sliced truffles to the pudding then seal with the cling film and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, take the pudding out of the freezer and leave for 10 minutes. Take it out of the bowl / tin and unwrap it.
- Dust generously with icing sugar, top with some of the chopped truffles and ginger, and serve.