- Crown Roast of Lamb Approx 1.4kg (3 lb)
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Fresh / Dried Rosemary Sprigs 4-5
- Preheat oven to 230c / 450F / Gas mark 8. Weight the crown roast and calculate roasting times.
- Heat oil in the roasting pan and place the crown roast of lamb into the pan.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Now reduce the heat to 180c / 350f / Gas mark 4 and roast the lamb for 45 minutes per kilo or 16 minutes per pound. For the last half-hour of roasting add the rosemary sprigs between the bones and in the middle of the roast. If crown is stuffed allow an extra 25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the meat to ‘rest’ whilst you make the gravy.
- Serve with freshly steamed vegetables and roast potatoes with rosemary.
Serve with lots of mashed potato and some greens.