- Sunflower Oil 2 tbsp
- Red Onion 1, chopped
- Celery 2 sticks, chopped
- Large Carrot 1, grated
- Mixed dried herbs 1 heaped tsp
- Wholemeal flour 2 tbsp
- White Wine 210ml (7 floz)
- Ground Almonds 200g (7 oz)
- Porridge Oats 80g (3 oz)
- Apple 1, grated
- Large Organic Eggs 2, lightly beaten
- Hot Chilli & Carrot Chutney 1 heaped tbsp
- Dried Mushrooms 25g (1 oz) soaked in ½ pint hot water for one hour
- Sunflower Oil 1 tbsp
- Red Pepper 1, finely chopped
- Fresh garlic 2 plump cloves, crushed
- Pollen Organics Pasta sauce 5 tbsp
- Mixed chopped Nuts 125g (4 oz)
- Sunflower seeds 40g (1½ oz)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion for 2 – 3 minutes on a medium hot heat. Add the celery. Continue to cook for 5 minutes and stir in the carrot, herbs, flour and wine; turn off the heat but leave on the hot plate.
- Meanwhile, mix the almonds, oats and apple in a bowl and then fold in the beaten eggs. Stir the warm vegetables into the nut mixture, season well and set aside. The mixture may look quite sloppy – don’t panic.
- Prepare the filling: Heat the oil and gently fry the pepper for 5 minutes. Drain the mushrooms and chop into smaller pieces. Add the garlic, mushrooms and 2 tbsp of the mushroom juice to the peppers. Preheat the oven to 190c / 375f / Gas mark 5.
- Cook for 3 minutes and stir in the pasta sauce, mixed nuts and seeds. Cook for 5 minutes and then turn off the heat and set aside.
- Grease a loaf tin (or ring mould for extra effect). Spoon in the first mixture – about a third and press into the tin. Add the filling. Now stir the chutney into the remaining mixture and then spoon into the tin. Press gently.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes (in the oven turned off).
- Turn out and decorate with the watercress.
If you are worried about the roast sticking to your loaf tin – line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
For a little extra something add 1 tsp Pollen Organics Pesto to the centre filling and a handful of chopped black olives.