- Butter 20g
- Golden Caster Sugar 50g
- Plain Flour 40g
- Ripe Limes 2, juice & grated zest
- Full fat milk 300 ml
- Large Organic Eggs 2, separated
- Preheat oven to 180c / 350f / Gas mark 4.
- Grease an ovenproof pudding dish - about 9inch / 23cm diameter.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale.
- Fold the flour, lime juice and zest into the mixture.
- Now add the egg yolks and cream.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the pudding dish and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the top looks golden.
Serve on its own or with some organic crème fraîche or double cream.
If you like, decorate with icing sugar and some lime zest.